Wednesday, December 3, 2008

First shot at this.

I have typed, deleted, typed, and deleted this first sentence several times now. Basically I am not quite sure how to start off.

I guess the appropriate thing to do would be to tell you who I am.
When I meet a group of people for the first time and we have to go around the room and introduce ourselves I usually say, "I'm Rachel, Junior, Graphic Design major, CBU."
But that statement is a lie.
I am double majoring in Graphic Design and Visual Arts. I just leave out the art major because graphic design just sounds super edgy and cool and I want people to focus on that part instead of becoming distracted by the art.

I really do love art though, and I don't feel bad leaving it out, because graphic design is such a perfect blend of art and technology. I am a geek, but in a good way.

When I grow up I want to be an art teacher, maybe. I mean I am pretty open to other avenues as long as I get to express myself and glorify the Creator.

I will be one of the student bloggers here, offering you a glimpse into our stellar program.

2 comments:

Michael Berger said...

Perfect Rachel. Thanks

Anonymous said...

You're so awesome...

Your roommate must be pretty lucky.